Web Hosting 101 What You Need To Know
How many times have you thought about having an email address for your business and/or a website name in it for more marketing exposure? Reputable web host companies will have these basic extras.
Some of the features you should look for and how you are able get the best hosting for your business a rock bottom pricing.
- When choosing a web-hosting package, you need to make sure you get the correct amount of disk space for your website. When calculating the amount of disk space needed, you need to think of things like multi-media content, HTML files, scripts, graphics, etc. If your website uses too much disk space, the hosting company can shut your site down or charge for additional fees.
- Unlimited web hosting services are rarely unlimited. As an example, when you see an offer of unlimited disk space, the true meaning might be that not all file types are included and unlimited bandwidth can mean you will have to pay an extra fee. Take the time to fully research the terms and conditions of any unlimited package and remember that with web hosting companies, unlimited rarely means completely unlimited.
- If you want an efficient host who is affordable and you are running a blog, subscribe to WordPress. WordPress has a very efficient plug in that will convert the PHP pages to HTML and caches them. Cache means visitors still have access to the cached version of your website if a server encounters an error.
- If you are in an online business, you should avoid using any free website hosting service. First, a majority of free website hosting services do not have reliable up time which means lost revenue. Second, these services have forced popup and banner ads, which can make a website seem unprofessional. Third, a lot of the free web host services do not offer the option of having your own domain name. If you are serious about your business, the cost for you to obtain paid web hosting should not be significant considering the benefits you will receive.
- You should verify that all of the data is adequately backed up that is stored on the web host’s servers. This is extremely important if you are running an online business and need to store customer information on databases located on the web server. You need to know the precautions that are in place in the event of a fire or natural disaster. Make certain that all of the servers in different geographical locations have back up procedures that are continuous and consistent.
- When deciding between a Windows hosting package and Linux, you need to consider the technologies your website will use. If you plan to use Microsoft Access databases, Cold Fusion or ASP, then Windows hosting package will be the ideal solution for you. If you plan to use PHP, MySQL databases, Perl or other technologies generally associated with the Linux operating system, then choose a Linux hosting solution.
- As you will see, there are several web-hosting service companies available to use. However, they are not all the same. With some of the features mentioned above you need to look for, you are now better equipped to make an evaluation and select the hosting service that will give you what you require to make your online business more successful.
Good luck in your research and your selection. May both serve you well.
Did This Help You? If so, I would greatly appreciate it if you commented below and shared on Facebook.
Have Questions? Are you struggling with how to implement your system? Check out my Talk To Me. Free Strategy Session where we Help People Everyday.
PS: If you don’t have leads, haven’t been consistent with your business, this is the FREE Course you should get –Learn How To Dominate Your Niche Using The Power of Social Media And Build An Audience That Will Love Your Brand And Become Loyal Customers…
If you enjoyed this post on Web Hosting 101 What You Need To Know on DaveDeib.com, retweet and comment.